NCCP Advanced Practice Planning
For individual training sessions to effectively contribute to the overall objectives of an annual training plan, a coach must understand the outcome of each training session and how their cumulative effects will contribute to athletic development.
The NCCP Advanced Practice Planning module examines the impact of daily training sequencing, and the manipulations that can affect training outcomes.
This module is an ideal follow-up to NCCP Planning a Practice. Coaches are advised to take the NCCP Performance Planning module before taking NCCP Advanced Practice Planning.
After completing the NCCP Advanced Practice Planning module, you will be able to:
- identify the factors that affect practice planning;
- ensure that practice plans are consistent with the microcycles and phases of which they are part;
- sequence exercises in a practice so that their order is consistent with the research on sequencing;
- develop a plan for training athletic abilities over a microcycle;
- develop a plan for training technical and tactical abilities over a microcycle; and
- develop a plan for a microcycle that helps athletes taper before a competition.
Duration: 5 hours
|Sunday, December 4||1:00pm – 6:00pm|
For individuals seeking support from the Indigenous Coaches and Officials Program please contact Garett Mathiason at email@example.com