Coaches Week 2020
This week-long celebration promotes the positive impact that coaches have on athletes and communities. It gives these largely volunteer, integral leaders of Canadian sport a simple thanks. The Coaches Association of Canada coined the term “Thanks Coach” to show appreciation to this group.
Did You Know?
27,000 trained coaches work with 320,000 registered participants on 6,000 different local teams, clubs and leagues.
1.5 million Canadians have received coach training and 1 in 7 Canadians will coach at some point in their lives.
How Can You Participate In Coaches Week?
Use social media to say thanks
- Use the hashtags #ThanksCoach and #CoachesWeek.
- Send one of your coaches a ‘thank you’ message.
- Post a video of you thanking your coach, and then challenge other teammates to follow suit!
- Post your favourite photo of you and your coach, including a ‘thank you’ caption.
Host your own #CoachesWeek event
- Organize a special practice where you say #ThanksCoach.
- Host a National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) workshop.
- Have a special awards ceremony to say ‘thanks’ to all of the coaches from your club.
- Hand make a card, and list all of the ways that your coach has helped you.
- Make a poster with your team and hang it in your community.
- Download Coaches Week material to help celebrate